I guess there is nothing better about summer than being able to take a nap...even for a teenager!
Silly girl! Pretending to play the piano on the ipad, while she sings along is one of Marina's favorite ways to pass time.
With being older and wanting more privileges, comes more responsibilities. Isaac helps with taking care of the dogs, taking out the trash, watering the lawn, and the flowers. He does most of these jobs graciously. Pulling weeds, now that's another story!
Marina and Esaias, our "cream filling" as we like to call them, are always in the middle of everything! Danny and I like to think of our kids like double stuff Oreos. Isaac and Oslin with their dark hair and dark eyes are the sweet brown outer cookie, and Marina and Esaias with their light hair and eyes make up the "sweet cream filling." This metaphor first started just because of looks, but has evolved into meaning soooo much more!
Marina and Esaias are always wanting to hang out with Mom and Dad. They are kind of sticky and messy. But I suppose we could also say they help hold everyone together. If we run an errand or want to go somewhere, they are the first to say, "I want to go!" Always in the middle....literally!
But they are cute with their green eyes...and they get lots of comments on them everywhere we go!
Oslin seems to be pretty grounded. Just right to help finish off the bottom of the cookie. He's pretty calm, and happy. He likes to hang out on the floor sitting and playing with his toys. He sure likes his Daddy. When Danny comes home from work, if Danny walks by and doesn't pick him up or hold him, he gets very upset. That's even if I am already holding him. He doesn't seem to complain during the day while Danny's gone, but the minute he gets home...it's Daddy time!
Marina is my best helper. She is quick to respond, and the best at following directions. I really appreciate that about her.
Esaias loves Oslin, and loves trying to wrestle him already...Oslin is still not quite ready for all that yet. I'm sure it won't be long. Esaias says, "Oslin getting bigger!" I think it's a wishful statement more that a factual statement.
There is nothing better than sweet smelling clean babies and little boys in cool jammies, after a long hot sweaty summer day! I love cuddling clean boys before bed! It's just sooo yummy to me!
We are really making Bahamas Way our new home! 6 months in and it's nice to say that it does feel like home. We are short on memories here, but we're working on that. Esaias from time to time, will still call it our "new house." Marina quickly corrects him, and says, "This isn't new anymore." When I explained that we had only been here six months...she replied, "Well, it feels like we've been here longer!" I think that's a great confirmation that we've made it home!
No comments:
Post a Comment