So, I'll keep this crazy experience brief, but for posterity sake and keeping everyone up-to-date, we'll share. After finding out on Thursday that the pregnancy was no longer viable, we were scheduled to have a D/C on Tuesday. While many of my friends and family know that last year I was very thankful for the procedure to be done as quickly as possible, many of you were concerned about having to wait until Tuesday. Well, I had just set my mind on a few minor (haha) projects Danny and I would do around the house while we waited. Well, Heavenly Father had another plan. Friday evening, my body decided it was time to take care of all of this on its own. I ended up getting to have an ambulance ride, and a long eventful evening, that ended in an emergency D/C at about 4:30 am. The good news is that I am home, and while in bed for a couple days, feeling well enough to write this morning. I should be on the mend, and back to my "productive" self soon. This was a traumatic, scary, yet enlightening experience. I'd like to share just a few quotes that entered my mind, or that I have read over the last year that reflect my thoughts this weekend.
"All things will be for thy experience and thy good"
"The way we react to adversity can be a major factor in how happy and successful we can be in life" (Elder Wirthlin)
"God never leaves us alone, never leaves us unaided in the challenges that we face" (Elder Holland)
"We know that from the scriptures that some trials are for our good and are suited for own personal development" (Elder Cook)
" Take my yoke upon you, and learn of me..., and ye shall find rest unto your souls. For my yoke is easy, and my burden is light" (Matthew 11:28-30) Life is hard, but life is simple. Get on the path and never, ever give up. You just keep going. You don't quit, and you will make it. Jesus Christ is the Way. Every other way...is foolishness. (Elder Holland)
I may never be able to tell you "why" this happened, or what the plan is. But I know without a doubt in my mind, that their is a plan. And that there is a specific plan for me and my family. The Lord has overwhelmingly been present, and by my side through each of these miscarriages. He loves me and answers my prayers.
Thank you for letting my share these inspired words from our apostles and prophets. For these are the things that carry me through. I love you all.
"Let us relish life as we live it, find joy in the journey, and share out love with friends and family" (President Thomas S. Monson)
4 comments:
We love you Vycci. What an example you are! Thank you for sharing those wonderful encouraging words...we are here for you...
There really are no words that I can express to you to show my sympathy. I'm so sorry for the sad news. But you are so very strong to be able to talk about it so soon. You are in our thoughts and prayers!
Love the Maldonados
Our hearts go out to you guys and our prayers are with you - thanks for sharing your strength and inspiration with us!
Wow, Vycci, what a journey you have been on. But what a testimony you have that you have not been alone on your journey. Surely you are/will be blessed for such faith! Do we still get to see you guys on the 31st? We've love to still see you, but understand if you want to reschedule. Love ya!
Post a Comment