Monday, May 25, 2009

Marina Our Gymnast



Marina had her mini meet for her spring session in gymnastics. We are very proud of how well she is doing. The other day she was trying to read the word athletic written on a shirt. After sounding it out, she the asked what it meant. I proceeded to explain that it meant someone who was good at sports. It only took her about 30 sec. to respond, "I'm athletic," very matter of factly. She then told me that she does gymnastics and dance and that both of those are sports. I thought it was cute. She wasn't being arrogant, it was just that she knew she was good at sports. And that adding a new word to her vocabulary to describe herself appeared to feel rather satisfying for her. We truly enjoy watching this muscular little girl. And we look forward to many years of long Saturday gymnastics meets.

1 comment:

Tee said...

That is fun to see her enjoying sports :) Gymnastics is a sport, and she looks like a good athlete!