Monday, May 6, 2013

Talented Kids

 This is Marina at her school Music Program. There is only one picture because I turned the camera on, took this picture, and then it went black...and the phrase "battery exhausted" appeared on the screen. Go figure! It was a very cute performance put on at Isaac's middle school gym, organized and composed by Pamona's music and gym teacher. They used all Disney songs, and not just singing and dancing, but singing with, juggling, jump roping, sword fighting, hula hooping, etc. It was the perfect show for Uncle Eric and Aunt Lindsay to bring Davis to. There was lots of colors, and movement, and you didn't have to sit quiet to watch. We had fun! Marina really does an amazing job learning not only her own songs, but everyone elses too!
 With the camera battery charge, we attended Isaac's band performance a couple weeks later. It has been such a huge change, going from a middle school with over 1,000 students to a school with only 400 students. You can imagine the band classes are much much smaller. Horizon in Aurora had an amazing music program, and so we haven't been as impressed with Isaac's band teacher. But I am thankful that Isaac still has the opportunity to continue building upon the talent...it paid off, when Mom signed him up for the Ward Talent show without asking him first.

 Marina is also growing up so much! I can't believe she is going to be a 5th grader. My favorite age ever! This is a picture of her doing a presentation on biomass in her classroom. Grandma Chris, Uncle Ben, Mom and Dad and Oslin got to attend.

 This is Isaac at the Ward Talent Show playing Louie Louie. He did a great job, very last minute!
 We even managed to throw together a gymnastics/jump rope/pogo stick routine for Marina. Despite not being able to get the music to work, she was terrific! I am so blessed to have such adaptable and talented children!



Isaac even performed with the young men too! Between music, sports, and academics I can hardly share with you all the amazing things my 2 older kids can do. I sure love them a lot!

No comments: