Monday, May 6, 2013

My 2 Spring Birthday Boys

 Esaias turned 3 years old on April 24, 2013! It was actually a pretty quiet day, but he was happy! Auntie Mara, Uncle Ryan, G'ma Chris, Papa Joe, and Uncle Ben visited the weekend before his birthday, and they kept asking him "Who's birthday is coming up?" So, he was more than ready for it to be his birthday. He would say, "My biday toming up, Mom?" And he says, "I see (three)," holding up his fingers similar to that in this picture. Making three is a little hard, ya know.
 He was thrilled with his books we bought him. In fact, when we took him to the store to let him pick out his present from his Papa Ken, G'ma Cindy, G'ma Martin, G'ma Chris, Papa Joe, and Great G'ma and Papa Mortensen he didn't want any of the toys we looked at. He had to buy another book. We have so many books, it's out of control...he'd better be a good reader!
 Marina is the best at always making something sweet for a special day!
 This is how big brother spends his time, while Esaias opens his presents. Stuffing his face! That's all he ever does now a days.
 I took Esaias to the grocery store to pick out his Dora balloon, and frosting for his cake. I intended on just buying chocolate, but when he saw the hot pink frosting...he wanted that! I talked him into green. He was very excited about his cake! I think that's what he liked best. Don't look to closely...the frosting was melting and the entire cake was sliding, but he was happy, so I guess that's all that mattered!


 The big present, a new bike, was a big hit, but to be totally honest the books, and the cake were his favorites.


 Isaac's birthday on Wed. May 8, 2013 will usher in the official transformation of becoming a teenager. Believe me, when I tell you there are many other things, that show Isaac is a teenager. But, we will leave it at that for now. We celebrated his birthday this past weekend in Denver. We arranged a surprise get together with his friends in Aurora, and a family dinner on Saturday. I sure hope Isaac felt loved! He has missed his old friends and life in Aurora a lot, so we wanted to make sure that was part of his birthday present this year. He was very happy to see his good "amigo" Andres, and of course he liked seeing the "girls." He even let them paint his fingernails...
His dear sweet cousin Lilli, wanted to make Isaac's birthday treat. Here is a picture of her hard work, making Cookie Monster cupcakes. She researched it on google images and spent Saturday making them. She got the color right that's for sure. And they tasted good!
 Lilliana, who is also 13 years old, also helped out by making guacamole at Chris and Joe's. She made this face when I took her picture, so I promised her I would post it!

 Uncle Ben loves his sister Marisa...says, "She's the pretty one!" Thanks a lot Ben!
 Leilani and Marina were off playing all the time. I think that's why they are never in the pictures!
 Uncle Marcus even had the night off!
While we the rest of us took Isaac out shopping to spend his birthday money, Marina, Leilani, and Uncle Ben with Grandma Chris' help made Isaac a Jets banner!

Happy Birthday to my spring birthday boys, Isaac and Esaias! We love you a lot, and hope you enjoyed your special days!

1 comment:

Melissa said...

Happy birthday to your spring boys! Love seeing the pics, I heard some of the recap from Marisa. You have a TEENAGER! Smiling at what's behind the "we'll just leave it at that." Ahhhh, growing pains.