Tuesday, June 4, 2013

The Revolving Door

 Do any of these faces look familiar? Someone might say, they are Grand Junction faces. But really they probably call Elko, Nevada home. But we did meet here in Grand Junction. Mike and Rhonda, who had only 3 year old Jake, and 1 year old Ryan at the time, were the first faces to greet us and help us move into our first home here in the Grove Creek Subdivision in Grand Junction. We have been friends ever since. They attended Rhonda's nieces high school graduation in Castle Rock, CO. So, on there way back through, they stopped in to visit and have dinner on Sunday afternoon of Memorial Day weekend. They were just one family of our many visitors over Memorial Day weekend. We had so much fun, seeing and playing with everyone!

 The weekend kicked off with Papa Joe, G'ma Chris, and Uncle Ben staying Thurs. evening on their way to Utah. They stopped back by on Monday on their way back home to Denver. It's always great to visit with them. We are glad Mara, Ryan, and the twins live in Spanish Fork, UT, because Grandma and Grandpa come to visit frequently as we are the half way point for them.  They can get to see 2 of there kids in one vacation.
 This is Justin, Mike and Rhonda's 3rd boy! He is a cutie and is always on the go. I am sure he was happy to get out of the car for a good playtime.
 Mike and Danny never seem to stop talking when they visit. Danny really enjoys seeing his good friend, and we wish we could talk them into moving back here with us. Not sure that's in the cards, but we can always try. I have learned you never know, what crazy things can happen. In the meantime, we'll settle for trying to meet up with them as often as we can. And talk by phone of course.
 When I came outside to take pictures, the boys were moving around fast, swinging from the tree rope, jumping off the wall, and playing ball. So most of the pictures are blurry, especially of Isaac and Ryan, the "too cool, elusive teenagers." Isaac and Ryan have been best buds since 1 year old, Isaac interprets that as having another brother, and then somehow thinks he claims Ryan's brothers as his own brothers too. Sure hope Mike and Rhonda are okay with this "adopted son."


 Esaias and Owen are about 6 months apart, and while Esaias remembers Owen from our Bear Lake Trip pictures, they have changed a lot. It took them a little longer to warm up to each other, but by the time they were leaving you could see the blossoming friendship being kindled.

 Rhonda will probably not like this picture, as she said, "I don't do candids." But I only had a couple and one day she'll look back and think she looks great here! I think she looks great now, but I hate all pictures of myself (hence, why there are hardly ever any pictures of me). So, I totally understand. But I still wanted the picture....so too bad.
 Marisa and the kids came out on Saturday after Lafai's rugby game and stayed until Tuesday. It was too bad that Marcus couldn't come, but I was so happy my sister came to visit. I miss her lots, and enjoyed all the time we had to hang out. Sometimes just living together for a few days, can be so bonding. I love having the time with my nieces and nephew too. And we owe Marcus a huge thanks because he even made the terriaki chicken marinade and sent it to Grand Junction so we could have chicken on Monday! We missed him though!

 These 2 can be inseparable at times. They held hands while we walked through the mall. And Marina loves when her older cousin, Lilli does her hair, and let's her be like her. Marina and Leilani love hanging out together too. It's just funny to watch the different dynamics.
 Remember when I said, I hate pictures of myself? This is why. Ugh! Everyone else always looks great, but this scares me! Oh well, it's for my posterity, right? And when I am another 10 years older, I'll look back on this and say, "Wow, I look hot!"

 Here's our teenager, in one of my favorite outfits, he wears all the time (sarcasm)! Hey Isaac, it's 90 degrees outside, you are wearing a long sleeve shirt!" He answers, " Yeah so! And it's not long sleeve if I push it up to my elbows." Ugh, Really?"
 The hot tub was a hit, for the kids at least. Most of the adults didn't get to take advantage of it this time. Hopefully another time. Uncle Eric did brave it with the kids...I didn't ask him if it was worth it or not. Leilani and Davis had fun together. I think Leilani carried him around the mall, even though he's 4 years old. But he didn't complain. And it did help keep track of him, since we had 8 kids total.
 Lafai and Isaac were buds as usual! But Lafai made a new friend, Maddox. They were a good "match" for each other. No pun intended as they both are wrestlers, and went at it for a long time in the backyard. Although, somebody did finally end up getting hurt, they didn't mean it, and were able to go back to playing and having fun quickly.

Davis staying close to his Dad, probably a good idea.
 You know, with these crazies in there!
 It's always nice to have help and someone to hold the babies. We had lots of those around this weekend. But Auntie sure loves holding Oslin.

I am bummed out that I didn't get a picture of Brooke, Brian, Madison, or Aunt Lindsay they were all there too. Saturday the girls Lindsay, Marisa and I went and got pedicures together! That rocked! And Brooke and Brian got to taste Marcus' terriaki chicken after hearing about it for years. I think it lived up to it's reputation. Hopefully Marcus can be around next time. He does a better job, we just made do without him. I could have never had all those people together in the same place if I lived in Denver, so I am officially grateful that I live here, so that I could have many of my favorite people together for Memorial Day weekend. I am glad we have a revolving door on our new house!

No comments: