
Isaac has been asking for ...well probably years to have a pet of his own. I am adamently opposed to most reptiles, amphibians, and rodents. That doesn't leave much to choose from. So finally we negotiated a hermit crab, but we insisted that he must pay for it himself, and take care of it himself. With this he also had to have already researched all that he could about what it would take to have one. Well after a very long wait, and even longer because his sister got sick. He finally got to go get his hermit crab. He named it Quittich, as he is obsessed with Harry Potter (he will have read the entire series twice by the time school starts). And he did get pinched the very first time he tried to hold him. But he didn't freak out or drop the crab, so I suppose he's on his way to embracing this to the fullest. And I, as his mother, will try to be supportive and not rebuke the crab.

Marina had to be a part of this also, but we told her she wasn't old enough for a crab. So, we negotiated a fish. She saved and spent her money to buy a beta fish named Phineas (yes, from Phineas and Ferb, and she's having trouble with why she can't buy two, so that there can be a Ferb). She set it up and we're looking for a cute little plant stand that's sturdy so, we can put it in her room (like Isaac).
We are officially a family of 5 with 2 dogs, 1 hermit crab, and 1 beta fish. I'm glad we don't have the cats anymore. I couldn't take it all!
No comments:
Post a Comment