Monday, February 1, 2010

Jade's B-Day

Last week I figured out how to get the pictures I take on my phone downloaded to my computer through the internet. In other words I can now take pictures any time I have my phone and retrieve them online and keep them on a hard drive. This is probably old hat for many people but it is a nice feature for our family since Vycci and I always forget to take our camera places. The pictures in this post are from my phone, which probably explains the poor quality.

With that in mind here are a few pictures from Isaac and Marina's cousins birthday party. Unlike most parties this party required no presents. It was a book exchange, each child got to bring a wrapped book (used or new) and then everyone unwrapped something and got to take home a different book than what they brought. Isaac was a little disappointed because he wanted a chapter book and most of the kids at the party were Jade's Kindergarten classmates who don't quite read chapter books. All in all it was a beautiful day to play games outside and run around and have fun.

I also think it was the first birthday party of any of my parents grandchildren, where neither of my parents attended (out of town and work were their legitimate excuses). Amazingly everything went off without any problems and all Sandoval cousins were in attendance without help from grandma or grandpa. Just another testament that we as siblings function without parental involvement. We still of course missed Papa Joe and Grandma Chris.

No comments: