Saturday, February 13, 2010

12th Anniversary on the 12th!

Okay, so some of you might be confused, if you know our actual anniversary is on the 6th of February. I'll explain. We celebrated 12 years of marriage last Saturday on the 6th of February.
We are extremely blessed and grateful to still love each other, and recognize that marriage isn't about "swinging from chandeliers." While having passion and romance can still be a necessary component to a happy marriage, we know that friendship, faith, hope, service, forgiveness and sacrifice is what keeps us moving through this journey happily together. We were able to go out to dinner and a movie Saturday night thanks to Grandma Chris and Papa Joe filling in for us, by taking the kids to the Blue & Gold banquet.
But the reason I say "12th anniversary on the 12th" is that Danny and I had the chance to go to the temple yesterday, which marked our 11th anniversary of our temple sealing. (thanks Grandma Layne) Danny and I eloped to the justice of the peace in 1998, but we didn't seal our marriage in the Mesa, Arizona temple for all time and eternity, until Feb. 12, 1999. I don't think in 11 years we've actually been back to the temple on that date until yesterday. It was kind of fun to be there together on that day and remember the importance of that moment in our lives. I am so blessed and grateful to know that no matter what happens in this life, that as long as we stay faithful and worthy, we can are an eternal family. So, here's to celebrating 12 years of marriage and the promise of an eternity together on February 12th.
Thanks to my wonderful husband for being all that he is/does:
  • being willing to take time off work to go with me to the doctors
  • truly listening to me
  • holding my hand
  • a worthy priesthood holder
  • slow to anger
  • a loving father
  • the cook in the house & lunch maker
  • doing laundry and cleaning bathrooms
  • donating his time to support and help teachers on field days, Tbird dinners, Friday afternoons, and summers
  • teaching his kids how to work
  • patience
  • adaptable
  • responsible
  • having an eternal perspective
  • educated but humble
  • playing games with the kids
  • being an awesome uncle
  • loving my family
  • a non-conformist
  • being an avid reader
  • willing to cry
  • non-judgmental
  • not good at math :) (it wouldn't be good if you better than me in everything)
  • great with teenage boys
  • a good boss/supervisor
  • a sports fan
  • a traveler
  • so much more than I can share here and
  • willing to share your life with me!

3 comments:

Melissa said...

Happy anniversary to you guys! You are a great pair. :)

The Easton Family said...

Happy anniversary! What a great post. I am so grateful to be your friend.

Big Daddy said...

Danny! (It's still wierd for me to call you that, Elder Sandoval) What a treat it is to hear from you! I've often wondered where you were and what you were doing and now I can see it right here in the comfort of my own study! Your family looks great. I knew you would do well, but you might have even exceeded those expectations. It's interesting that we're not that far apart. It's less than 500 miles from Denver to here and one other interesting fact is that my Aunts lived in Denver for years and after they died we sold their property down there and have only been there once since. The old place doesn't look like it did when they owned it, but it sits at 3000 E. 5th Avenue if you ever want to see it. As you can probably guess it was prime property to sell, being right there by Cherry Creek. Anyway, now we have a reason to come back down. We've actually said just recently that we have to make a trip. We have an old friend in Cheyenne whose really getting old that we need to go see before it's too late. Anyway, thanks for the note. It sure looks like you and your cute family are doing well. It will be fun to be in closer contact. I, like you, am not a very faithful Facebook guy. Take care and thanks for writing me.