Tuesday, January 26, 2010

CATS :(


Vycci asked me to write about the musical CATS that we saw a few weeks back. While it was nice to get the tickets and go see the show, it was very disappointing that people find entertainment value in watching a group of people dressed up as cats sing, dance, act like humans and then pretend to be more cat-like again. I might have been able to handle the feline antics better had there been an actual plot or progression of the CATatonic display of boredom presented before me. Some people have hailed this musical as the best of all time; I would vehemently disagree, maybe they all need a CAT scan to make sure their brains are wired correctly. What made the experience worse was that the fat guy sitting in front of us, kept burping his chicken Caesar salad all through the show. My poor wife who is having a hard enough time with smells and being in crowded & loud venues (with the pregnancy) had to sit through it with stinky burp guy. After the 1st Act of disappointment, we buckled in for Act II only to get more of what we experienced in the first ball of yarn. In the finale, one of the CATS started slamming on canines and that's where I drew the line. I stood up and promptly walked out. Those of you who love cats I apologize, but all in all I have to say that CATS is an absolute CATastrophe. My friend above agrees with me :) Long Live Dogs!!!!!!!

3 comments:

The Easton Family said...

I would CATagorize this as one DOGgone good posting. :) (sorry...i guess being married to the high council afflicts me with the bad jokes associated with that calling.)

Brooke said...

Saw Cats when it was in GJ, and the whole time I kept thinking they had cut out part of the story because I just didn't get it. Good to know it really was that bad (and that from someone who saw it in a real venue) you can only imagine my lame experience!

Entertaining post Danny!

Miners said...

Hilarious! We took Mike's parents last year and they hated it. I was lost the whole time. The only redeeming part was the performance of "Memory" Not one we'll ever need to see again.