Monday, January 25, 2010

A Weekend to Ourselves!

Every weekend since Christmas has been scheduled with some event or engagement. We have coveted every moment we can find together. So we were thrilled when this past weekend, finally brought us a weekend without any plans! Here's the catch, while the weekend was much more relaxing then previous ones, our weekend to ourselves did not consist of just hanging out. Every spare moment we've had since Christmas we have been shifting the entire basement around to make room for Esaias. We have done so much cleaning and cleaning out, we could've moved by now.

Isaac is officially in his new room, and seems to like the privacy more than we anticipated. He spends a lot of his spare time, playing by himself. Marina likes his new room too, but as predicted an older brother isn't so fond of sharing his new space. Isaac got some new furniture, but we are waiting till his spring birthday and giving him some time to prove himself worthy of new decor. We'll see how that goes.

I realized that I should've taken before and after pictures... Now that we're somewhere in the middle of the process. At least all things are moved and the room is free to start being transformed into a nursery. We finally reached this stage last weekend. Danny was very happy to have found his desired new recliner on Craigs list. I however, have decided that it should stay upstairs for me to use until the baby arrives. I have trouble sitting/laying/standing comfortably anywhere, so I have to agree that it is a nice find. I have to say that my favorite find so far, has been the changing table/dresser that I found at a consignment store. All in all, we're beginning to be a little more prepared for this new adventure.
This is the best I can do for before pictures. We sold this dresser and bedroom set on Craigslist a couple weekends ago. We were trying our best to not get "THE MESS" in the picture, but if you look in the mirror, you can see a glimpse of the room stacked to the ceiling full of STUFF!

The next step is painting. I haven't been as motivated to do this, but hopefully it will come together. So needless to say, our unplanned time is dedicated to this preparation. It's not glamorous, but we were glad to have time to work on it, and some time to relax. And just be. We'll post pictures, when there is something to see. Wish us luck.

No comments: