Thursday, April 17, 2008

Moving Forward

Thanks to all of you who sent your warm regards and kind service our way last week. On Tuesday Vycci and I were able to attend the funeral of our friend Timber. It was a funeral that looked like stake conference, the stake center was literally filled from jammed pews to chairs going all the way through the gym. We saw many old friends and were able to offer our gratitude to Timber's family for all he had done. It was a lovely service.

Before the turbelance of last week hit, Vycci was offered a position to teach 5th grade in the school where she currently works. When Vycci originally applied to this school they interviewed her for 5th grade but then brought her on as a 3rd grade teacher. 5th grade has always been the ideal grade she would like to teach and is very excited about this opportunity for next year. She will be working more closely with Jen, her good friend at work who also teaches 5th grade and this should help her to have something to focus on and look forward to as summer quickly approaches. I'll be writing more later and thanks again to all of you who do so much for us!

4 comments:

Melissa said...

I so did not know that - that's great Vycci! I know she will bring all of her talents and skills to her new position.

The Easton Family said...

That's great! I loved fifth grade... you'll do wonderfully. Love you guys!

Anonymous said...

YAY! I am glad this is some good news after all the bad news last week.

Tiffany said...

That's great! It's awesome that she is able to take on the position she has been working towards! Good job Vycci!