It's been an interesting transition, staying home with the boys, instead of working. I've been a little stressed about not having a set schedule or routine, and deciding what the long-term plan is. Until I thought about how crazy life would be if I was trying to find a new daycare, and start a new job on top of all this other "new" stuff. So, when I finally thought that through, I took a deep sigh of relief and began to enjoy my time home more. I also remembered that Oslin was only 2 months old. That in itself should remind me to slow down. I just think that after doing the move and Christmas and all the other stuff that came with it, I forgot that I just had a new baby. The doctor reminded me that postpartum lasts 3-4 months after delivery. I think I should cut myself a little slack. This simple change in thinking has helped make me a happier person. I am grateful to spend simple moments with the boys, and to be here for the older two when they get home from school.
Esaias often asks to hold Oslin. Most of the time it's not good timing. He wants to hold him, when he's crying or sleeping. I know when is a good time then? That's what Oslin does...cry and sleep. When he's crying he is not consoled by his 2 year old brothers arms. And when he's sleeping, well who wants to disturb that? And by the time you get them situated together, Esaias says, "All done" and pushes his little brother off of his lap. But we try to make it work from time to time. So, I captured a few of these moments of camera.
Esaias likes to say "two boys." He usually says it, when I'm feeding Oslin and he (Esaias) wants to be held or snuggled too. So, he crawls up on my lap, with Oslin, and says, "two boys."
Why pictures of donuts? My brother Eric lives here in Grand Junction, and usually keeps to himself most of the time. So, I didn't have any expectations with moving here, about how often I might see him. But, I lucked out! He had a couple days vacation this week, and his son, Davis, who is 3 years old, has taken a liking to his cousins and playing at our house....so, Eric brought donuts, and Davis to play this week. I enjoyed visiting with my brother, and Esaias and Davis played well together. I should have snapped some pictures of them. But I guess you see my priorities....donuts. I've never seen a donuts with cereal on it. Have you? I had to show this chocolate cake donut, with chocolate frosting, with Coco Puffs, and more chocolate icing drizzled on top. What's the calorie count on that one? I didn't eat that one, but I did enjoy donuts and the company.
My mom was here for the week too. Yeah, I know, bad Vycci...no pictures. My mom took some pictures so I didn't think or realize that I hadn't taken any with my own camera. Oh well. Esaias really enjoyed having Grandma Layne to play with all week. And he enjoyed the trip over to the airport also.
No comments:
Post a Comment