Faster than we were ready for, we had to return to Denver for a visit. Isaac is on the last leg of his braces and we have already paid for them in full, so we have to go back to Aurora to finish. Hence the trip to Denver, exactly one month after the move.
Isaac was thrilled to visit, just seeing the neighborhood was enough for him. Little did he know, when he requested to go by his old school, Horizon, that his Uncle Marcus just got stationed at Fire Station 10, the station in the same parking lot as his school. After all the years in Aurora, Marcus ends up right in our neck of the woods, and now we are gone. Go figure! Anyway, Marcus was on shift and I had arranged for a surprise visit. The kids haven't had the chance to see Marcus at a station yet. So, Marcus gave us the tour. The kids loved it, and loved seeing their Uncle Marcus!
Thanks Uncle Marcus! When we said goodbye, the kids climbed in the car, and had a lot to say. Marina first stated plainly, "I want to be a firefighter when I grow up." Esaias and Isaac echoed, "Me too." And Isaac couldn't help but continue saying, "If we lived here still, I would go hang out with Uncle Marcus after school," despite the adult responses, "Even if we lived here Isaac, you would not be going to the fire station after school everyday." I guess a kid can dream can't he?
After the fire house we met Heidi, and Jen and Chad for lunch at the China Cafe 2 in Aurora. Esaias had to sit with his friend Heidi. I think he has a secret crush on her. It's the cutest thing to hear him say, "Hi, Heidi." Usually repeated several times. He pronounces Jen, as Gen with a hard g sound. So, when he says, Heidi and Jen, it sounds like he saying, "Heidi again." Poor Jen. Good thing the baby has no preference. And Isaac and Marina would be happy to live with Chad and Jen for awhile. A joke that gets brought up every time we see Chad. He'd better be careful, it might come true.
It was great to see my good friends. I miss them a lot. Isaac's teeth gives me a good excuse to return to Aurora and see friends. It was such a short trip, that of course we can't even scratch the surface of seeing old friends. But we'll take what we can get!
No comments:
Post a Comment