Gandalf the Grey
Our Gandalf turned 8 years old just this month, and to our sadness we have to say goodbye today. I have known that he was getting older and a little slower over the last few months, but my heart wanted to believe he would be with us a little longer. However, when he started to not eat and drop weight, we knew we had to take him in to the vet. To our disappointment, the vet told us that Gandalf had a chronic disease, most likely heart disease, and was not doing well. To help alleviate his pain and illness, it was time to say goodbye. Of course we are all very saddened. But after many tears, Marina said, "All dogs go to heaven...so I'll see him again." She's right. And although our canine friends don't share the same amount of time in this life as we do, they sure impact and effect our lives greatly. I am very grateful for Gandalf's presence in our lives, as a protector and friend. He was amazing with our young children from Marina to Esaias. He would let Esaias crawl all over him and lay on him, even to the last moment. He is our forever friend and will be missed! We love you, Gandalf.
1 comment:
Loosing a family pet is incredibly difficult, much more than I ever thought or imagined.
I think that Ranger and Gandalf were greater kindered spirits than we imagined, leaving each of their families so close together. Maybe, just maybe, they are running around the lakes together.
Loves sent your way.
Post a Comment