Thursday, July 5, 2012

A 3rd BOY!

It's official, it's a BOY! And you know Danny & I, we have our name selected:                        Oslin Martin Sandoval.
Oslin is a Sweedish surname, that oddly enough was the name of a very cute brown boy I had in my class a few years ago. I remember asking him where his name came from, or how his mom chose it, and in his little spanish accent, responded,  "I don't know."  And since we also have Sweedish heritage, it stuck. It doesn't have much of meaning, but when people hear the sound of the word (phonosemantic) they think of: good, easy, safe, beautiful, smooth, bright, light, roundish. All good things! Martin is my maiden name and I have considered using it as a first name many times. However, with the passing of my Grandpa Martin just a few days after Esaias' birth, we are happy to commemorate his memory by giving our new little boy this name.
To those of you questioning our 2 a's and an i pattern. I know, I know, we blew it. But we just have loved this name, and love the uniqueness of it. And I guess that ruled out over pattern.

Many of you might be wondering how Marina feels about this. Well, she actually has said for months that she doesn't care. I think a couple years maturity, and a conversation with Dad a couple months back, helped her see the benefits of being the only girl. So, as her and Isaac sat in the dark room watching the black and white screen trying to make sense of the different shapes, and the lady casually interjects that she sees boy parts, they both took a sigh of relief and smiled. I think the anticipation of finding out was far more stressful, then the result. So, with smiles on their faces, and in Isaac's words, "we're all in good spirits" we celebrated with a Sonic happy hour treat. Meanwhile Esaias slept at home with a babysitter. When we told him the news, he responded with his classic drawn out, "Nooooo." He was much more interested in Dad's slushy. So, all is well!

P.S.
Anyone who didn't know why I disappeared from blogging for about 6 months, hopefully just put it altogether. It was only a few short 3 weeks after the move, when I woke up startled in the middle of the night, sweating at the thought of being pregnant. I confirmed my thinking a week later. And that set us on a whole new path. For the first few months, Danny just kept making comments about baby #4. And how we never planned on 4. Quite frankly, in the beginning we never planned on more than 1 child. I desperately wanted Danny to quit saying, "the number 4" as I was still trying to embrace just another baby, and being pregnant. I didn't want to see it as 4 children. That was a little more than I could bear.  Needless to say, Danny and I have both had some emotional and mental coping to do with this news. However, neither one of us can deny the Lord's hand in all of this. We truly know that this is a gift from our Heavenly Father. This knowledge gives us faith and the ability to embrace unique and unknown situations. So with that, we are feeling excited today about expecting this new baby boy. Who should arrive somewhere shortly before Thanksgiving. That's actually one of my favorite times of year, and there is nothing better than having the opportunity to hold a new baby in that season. I'm looking forward to it!

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Congratulations! Boys are tons of fun! We are missing you guys.

Charity said...

Yay for babies! So exciting!!

Tee said...

I am thrilled for you! What great news :) I hope you guys are having a great summer. Hopefully we can see you soon.

Melissa said...

Although I have known this news for some time, I am just now catching up on blog posts. I loved reading this about the experience of finding out about Oslin, and it was so touching. Can't wait to catch up tomorrow night!