Thursday, August 11, 2011

Summer Daze Come to a Cloze




It's always great having time with my kids! They wear me out, and I am exhausted every night I put them to bed, but I go to bed with my heart full, knowing that I have spent the day loving them.
MARINA
Below: Marina is showing off her treasures from a good day garage "sailing"
Marina's big summer event has been doing her gymnastics...practicing, competing... she spends most of her life upside down. Yes, in my living room, her bedroom, the hallway, downstairs, outside...UPSIDE DOWN! We hit her top requests for her summer to do list, when we saw the musical Footloose performed by the Fox Theater outside at a Stapleton park, when Danny took the kids to Skate City for an evening of roller skating, and weekly swimming parties. We even got a Family Home Evening of swimming with Dad.

ISAAC
(Isaac's garage sale finds-We scored!)
Isaac's highlights consist of the annual watching of the Lord of the Rings Trilogy, Bear Lake with his friend Ryan, Harry Potter movie night, a trip to the public library, an annual swim party at the Glass House downtown, and his 11 year old scout camp with his dad.

ESAIAS
Esaias' top summer favorites definitely involve weekly swimming trips. He just plays for hours, in and out of the water. He won't nap while we are out to save his life, but he sure has been all over town and played!


For Me:
I think taking Esaias to the zoo has been one of my highlights. He gets so excited to see the animals. To see pure enjoyment of new experiences is one of the best parts of life.

Another highlight is watching Marina grow and mature, and become more confident and positive in her attitude towards life. I love hearing her talk about herself and her experiences in positive and empowering ways. "Mom, I've done a good job because I've worked hard. And I've already won, because I've had fun."

Seeing Isaac be a good big brother, as he learns to be aware and nurturing is at the top of my list as well. The other night we were gone, and the babysitter reported that Isaac helped Esaias all night. She said, "He's so good with him." What a great thing to hear!

1 comment:

 Natalie said...

Whoa, Esaias is huge and adorable and looks like Marina. You guys are all looking so good.