Friday night was the big night my kids had been waiting for, and it went off with a bang. We had to save seats for an hour and that's even with my inside connections. Over 100 students participated in this year's show, and I think it was one of the best I've seen in 5 years. Of course, I am a little biased when it's my son running the show, but he really did a great job. He comes by it naturally. His dad, uncle, and grandpa were all competitive "speech guys" (debaters, and ...). I obviously can't tell you all the speech stuff, but Danny could. And even though I hate public speaking, I too come from a long line of "talkers" who have used this talent to their benefit publicly. So, Isaac had a chance to shine. Literally in the spotlight.
I am glad they had such a great time! It's always a good moment as a parent to see your kids have an opportunity to develop and celebrate God-given talents.
No comments:
Post a Comment