Saturday, August 9, 2008

Las Vegas

New York New York, Las Vegas

So, I've returned from my girls' trip to Vegas this last week. I don't have a lot of pictures to show for it, because when it's just two of you, what do you take a picture of? That one person the whole time? Danny said we should've traded cameras so that we would have a picture of myself, but I really don't mind not having that either. We stayed at New York, New York and had all the makings of a terrific slumber party...Ben and Jerry's ice cream, chick flicks, long hours of talking, in conjunction with...dinners without kids, shopping, and a fabulous Cirque de Soliel Show. It was relaxing and fun with one of my greatest friends. Thanks Brooke for a great time, and thanks to our husbands for allowing us to celebrate our August birthdays and friendship this way!!!
What I do have a picture of is the enormous steak that we shared for dinner about 3-4 inches thick and larger than my hand in length and width. No exaggeration here! The collosal bake potato was a large as my hand. Together we ate about half of everything. The waitor cut it in half for us, but we put it back together to take a picture. The restraunt staff had a good laugh at our expense. :)
Brooke and our incredible steak dinner:)

5 comments:

The Easton Family said...

What a fun trip! That steak is huge! Evan and I are looking for a getaway the first weekend in October... we've got childcare down, just need a destination. Vegas was an option--good to know that "good" fun can be had there too! :)

Tee said...

What a great trip! That's such a good idea to get away with your friend like that :) I love Cirque Du Soliel...Mark and I go every time it comes to Colorado. I would love to see some of the LV shows too :)

I'm glad that you had so much fun!

Melissa said...

Fun pictures! Again, glad to hear you had a great time. So good to see you guys! Did you get the recipes I e-mailed?

Brooke said...

You beat me posting on this topic. I had such a good time! I was cracking up at the pictures our rather large steak! I am so blessed to have such a great friend to enjoy a "girlie" Vegas trip with!

Anonymous said...

That steak is enormous! You must have needed an extra large doggy bag. I love the idea of enjoying a trip with a friend. I'm glad you had so much fun.

-Bonnie