So, in a nutshell, I woke up last Sunday and it hit me. The summer was officially over. As I studied my calendar, the blood ran from my head...no matter how hard I try to prepare to return to the crazy schedule and life of being a fulltime working mother and wife, I am never ready!!! I knew the race would start soon, but I was still waiting for the "ready, set" part when someone just said "GO!" It was then I realized I had forgotten the kids' doctor appts. I could have cried. You know scheduling doctor visits are difficult anyway, but almost impossible when I am working. UGH! (Oh well, those shots and meds. will have to wait a week or two.) Then in my attempt to resume full speed this week, I forgot Marina's last dance class, and Isaac's scout night. I know I should cut myself a little slack, because one of those days I came home dizzy and light headed from work. Maybe it truly was all the blood rushing from my head, it just took a couple of days to take full effect.
Well, Danny likes to remind me about something he read... how women due to their ability/tendency/necessity of multi-tasking, loose their short term memories faster than men. Doesn't that figure!! I'm doomed!
Combine all of this with Danny being gone for about 14 hours a day between work and his practicum for his masters, and I am feeling a little overwhelmed with my responsibilities. Danny offered up a suggestion of buying blackberries to help my scheduling issues. This is a nice thought and maybe I will take him up on it, but I don't think it's really going to replace him.
So in comes the next step, FAITH. I've been doing a lot of talking with my Father in Heaven about this. I know that while this week was rocky, that things will smooth out and in no time I will be back on the steady mach 10 pace, with less glitches. I don't know what I would do if I didn't have the gospel in my life. It is such a natural and normal response to call upon my Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ when I fall short. I am so grateful for the knowledge that my Savior lives, loves me, and knows me. What greater source of comfort can one have? I can only give credit to Them for all that I have accomplished and continue to achieve each day. What an immense blessing in my life to know this truth. (V)
3 comments:
One bite at a time...just like that time you ate that elephant. You can do this, too!!!
Short-term memory? What's that???
Good luck with everything. Prioritize, then one step at a time. You'll get back in the multitasking groove in no time at all!
You really are the busiest family I have ever met. You and Danny are so amazing to me, you are such hard workers! I know that the Lord will continue to bless you and help you. Dont forget that sometimes the Lord uses others to help you...I'm just around the corner if you ever need anything!!
Post a Comment