Okay, so maybe not Paradise, but the name of our new subdivision will be Paradise Hills, so I couldn't resist. We will be living on Bahamas Way in Grand Junction, Colorado. Yes, we are finally moving back. Just when we had fully accepted that we would live in Aurora, the eastern plains not the western slope. Earlier this year, after the news of having another baby, Danny had been actively seeking a new job. After being a finalist for 3 different positions and them not panning out, we did a lot of praying and fasting, we decided that staying here in Aurora must be the plan, and we peacefully started a new school year. You can imagine our surprise when the Vice President of Colorado Mesa University gave Danny a call and wanted to discuss a job opportunity with him. Danny was so skeptical, he needed a day before he even consented to speaking with the V.P. When he finally did, they discussed the scope and job description for a position that might suit Danny, and then he asked, "So, what would it take to get you to move back to Grand Junction and work for Mesa University?" Danny gave a numerical response that reflected what we had discussed we would need in order for me to quit working. So, needless to say when he presented a written offer of more than that numerical number, and a tailor-made job description, we could not refuse! What an amazing opportunity, and answer to our prayers.
The catch was that he wanted Danny to start by Dec. 3, 2012. Wow, a new baby on his way, but not here yet, and a new job that requires relocating, yikes! But when the Lord opens a door, you go. So, we started making preparations. We had even more reason to be anxious for our baby Oslin to arrive. We waited 2 weeks for him to come, so that we could begin the recovery process, and get onto moving. Needless to say, Oslin has made 2 trips back and forth over the mountain his 2nd week of life, as we looked for a new home.
We are happy to report that Danny did start his job Monday, Dec. 3, 2012. We have a house under contract, passed inspection, awaiting the appraisal, and set to close on Dec. 21, 2012. The kids and I are managing at home by ourselves for a couple weeks until Danny can come back and help get us all moved.
We are wanting to keep kids enrolled in school until winter break, a more natural transition time. Marina is excited to move, although the idea of riding the bus makes her a little anxious. Marina was born there, so I think that knowledge helps. Isaac, at the pre-teen age, is not quite as gung-ho. It didn't seem to help when I told him, that he used to ask us to move back to Grand Jct. regularly, at least until he was in 4th grade. I guess when your 12 years old, you just can't imagine leaving your friends and making new ones. I started singing, that song... Make new friends, but keep the old, one is silver, and the other is gold. He thinks I am pretty lame. Despite the anxiety for all of us, I know they will both do well there. It's been a good home to us before.
As for me, I don't know if I am excited or not. You know Danny & I are officially taking on 3 of the top 5 most stressful life changes: a new baby, a new job, and moving. And I am quitting my job. However, I happily take on having the time with my 2 younger boys, but leaving what I know, is an emotional task. I waited until after the baby was here, before telling my principal and the school. And I have yet to go in and say good-bye to my students, and my colleagues. That is a dreaded day, that I will need Danny's help to get through; managing the boys, and my emotions. I will truly miss my work. Everyone keeps asking if I will go to work out there. And my answer is, "I don't know. I need some time to get settled, be Mom to 4 children, take care of my 2 young boys first. Then I will decide." So, that's where I'm at. Despite the sadness of leaving, and the overwhelming emotions that come with change, I really see this as an opportunity of a lifetime; to be with my family more.
So, we will be off some time just after Christmas. We will keep you posted and update with our new address, as soon as things are finalized.

3 comments:
You guys are such a great family. I am so happy for you and the blessings that have come into your life. I wish you all the best of luck as you get situation in your new place and new job.
So much going on right now - I hope and pray it all settles into a great new life for you. Happy for your new opportunities; sad to see you go, but looking forward to your visits with Marisa when I hope to catch some time with you! Hugs!
Oh wow, guys! Congratulations on everything! What an eventful time in your life, and what wonderful blessings, too. If we can handle a new baby, a new job and a move, then I know you can, too! It's much more of a challenge with 4 kids, but I know you can do it :) We sure love and miss you guys. I'm thankful that we crossed paths.
Post a Comment