My water broke around 1:30 am waking me up. Having experienced this a couple weeks ago, I was hesitant to respond to quickly and wanted to make sure it was really "the time." I called my mom around 2:30am asking her to come and stay with the other kids while we went to the hospital.
Auntie Marisa met us at the hospital and the had us admitted and in the labor & delivery room shortly after 4 am.
Although I was having contractions they were still irregular, but progressing. After getting the epideral and working with best anesthesiologist ever to manage my natural tendency to drop blood pressure and throw up, the nurse wanted to give my irregular contractions a little boost, and gave me 2 ml of pitosin.
That did it, by 8:45 am she said, let's just check, maybe we will do a practice push. Then she said very mater of factly, "No, no practice push. Let's wait for the doctor." They all came in, and I mean all, as it was teaching day at the hospital, we had every student nurse and doctor possible in the room. About 2 contractions/pushes and 1 "slow-down only half a push, and wow that's a big head," and Oslin was here.
3 boys...Boy Power!
& our only girl!
Thanks G'ma Layne for helping us out.
Esaias very excited to have "Baby Oslin out."
Grandpa & Grandma Mortensen made it to the hospital on the first day to say hello!
Auntie Marisa, Uncle Marcus & the cousins made it to welcome Oslin as well. Lafai was very excited to meet his new boy cousin.
So, this is Danny & I trying to capture a moment as we left the hospital. I wanted a picture of me taking the ride out of the hospital by wheelchair along with Oslin so that I could post, "Baby's first ride" and Mommy's last ride." Danny was to weighted down with bags to get the picture of me in the wheelchair...oh well.
All the waiting, and he's finally here. When they placed him on my tummy immediately following delivery, I couldn't believe how much he weighed. I could feel how dense he was. There he was healthy, strong, and dark hair. Just like Isaac had ordered, and all the heartburn told. While he resembled a Sandoval, Marisa & Danny both think they see some resemblance to Grandpa Martin. Wouldn't that be fitting for his name sake? He does look a little different from my other 3 kids. He has not been as photogenic as Marina & Esaias, but he's still a looker. And who can miss those sweet fat cheeks?Welcome to our home Oslin. We are all very grateful for this wonderful surprise that Heavenly Father has given us. It's official 2 + 2 = 4. Happy days ahead!
No comments:
Post a Comment