Thursday, November 1, 2012
Halloween Festivities
So, I'm thrilled to say that Halloween went off with a bang! Although, I have been in the early stages of labor since this weekend, and not sure if I would make it to Halloween....we did it! I even managed to do the "trendy" thing and help the kids decorate their pumpkins instead of carving them. Esaias took a good long nap giving the older 2 my undivided attention for a fun afternoon of decorating. I even think they turned out pretty good.
Marina wanted to create the spooky scene. And Isaac...
Wanted to pull off Mike from Monster's Inc. You tell me what you think? Did we pull it off?
After decorating pumpkins, we went straight to work on decorating ourselves. So that we could meet Daddy at work for CCA's Fall Festival.
These 2 have definitely been raised on the street. Sesame Street that is. They both love it...so what better way to demonstrate their love and devotion to the long time PBS show, and come together in brotherly love (even 10 years apart in age)...Sport Elmo and Cookie Monster costumes!
Marina was always more of a Barney fan...and just couldn't get into picking a Sesame Street costume. So, when we came across a Monster High Doll costume online...she was all over that. I tried to get her to be Abby Cadabby from Sesame Street, instead she opted for Abbie-abominable. So she got to wear fur leg and arm warmers, with silver glitter in hair. What more could a girl want? When I did her make-up with aqua eyeshadow, and with her new beautifully white straight teeth (she just got her braces off last week) Isaac took one look at his sister, and said..."scary!" I responded with that's not very nice. And he further explained that he didn't like his sister looking so grown up, and "diva" like. I could tell that he just didn't like that she looked very beautiful. While she went to put things away, Isaac and I had a conversation about how to be a good big brother. I.e. protecting her from his friends, or friends brothers, always complimenting her and being good to her. He was fine with this conversation, but he did tell me he didn't like that she would end up being pretty. Too funny!
Dad even joined in on the fun. His office/dept. at work dressed up as Skittles. Of course, he would be the orange Skittle. I wore an orange which at this stage in the pregnancy isn't hard to imagine a pumpkin on the front of me. In fact, when the kids carried their pumpkins outside for pictures, they were complaining about how heavy they were. I commented that's what I've been carrying around for the last few months. Marina said, "OOOh I don't want to do that!" Anyway, the clan set off to trick-or-treating about 6:00pm on a warm Halloween night, filled our bags, stopped by our friends Jen & Chad's. Halloween wouldn't be complete without seeing our festive friends. All in all, it was a good evening. So much so, that the first things out of Esaias' mouth this morning was "candy, Elmo, & Cookie Monster!" And then I thought, "How do you tell him it's all over?"
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
love your costumes! I wish you the best of luck with your soon to be new baby!
Post a Comment