Wednesday, February 9, 2011

13 Reasons why I love you!

Sunday, February 6, 2011 was more than just Super Bowl for Danny & I. It marked our 13th year of marriage. We were happy to spend a little extra time together driving in the car to and from church, and home to eat dinner and watch the Super Bowl on the couch together. Sundays are usually way too busy to even get this, so we were happy to have the little extra time. This day went off as any other. Thank goodness we planned to get a way for a short time this coming weekend. My mom is coming to stay with the kids on Friday evening, so we can do a little something here in town. But I didn't want to let the time pass by without telling Danny how much I love him. These reasons are not ranked, but together make up a wonderful guy! I love you because....

  1. We can still stay up talking till midnight.
  2. You don't care that I fall asleep every time we watch a movie together.
  3. You empathize and understand my complaints about being an educator.
  4. You encourage me to finish my master's, but understand why I hate it in the meantime.
  5. You allow me to cry and don't tell anyone that I do.
  6. You change poopy diapers without complaint.
  7. You fold laundry and make mine and the kids lunches.
  8. You are worthy and willing to be called to the bishopric.
  9. You appreciate/accept me for being an "achiever" who works too much, and a "deliberator" who worries too much.
  10. You and I both are "relators" who love to spend time together.
  11. You always hear me out.
  12. You are willing to say your sorry. And accept my apologies.
  13. You are an amazing example of a husband, father, and friend to our children and those around you.
Happy 13th Anniversary Danny!

2 comments:

Tee said...

Happy Anniversary! It's so wonderful that after that time, you are still able to appreciate all of these wonderful qualities! Here's to an eternity together :)

Miners said...

Happy Anniversary! We love you both and you are such an example to me. Here's to many, many more years with your best friend!