Saturday, December 4, 2010

The Sandoval 2010 Highlight Reel

Article written by Sports Writers' Vycci & Danny Sandoval

This was an exciting and eventful 2010 game.
No instant replay please on Esaias being born. I am always happy to be on the other side of pregnancy. It's been a little bit of a journey to full recovery after this pregnancy. I've had some thyroid issues, but hopefully with time, this has corrected itself. I have been feeling better and stronger lately. I am really enjoying my time that I get to spend with Esaias with the extra days off of work. I also love that Danny gets to be home on Fridays with Esaias. It makes going to work that day so much easier. After being home for 4 days in a row, I have a hard time leaving the baby, even for just the 2 days. So being home with Danny is a huge relief for me, and even better for the baby and the kids. Danny gets to take the kids to school and pick them up, just like I do on Mondays and Tuesdays. It gives the older kids more time to get school work done, and have more time at home. It's been a nice change in our lives. Also, with only working part-time, I get to spend more time with my sister. And since her "baby" started kindergarten, that's worked well for us. Getting my master's gives me a little more to do on my days off then I would like, but I think it will still be worth it when it's all over.

With Danny's new calling and regular busy lives, it feels like we do a lot of lateral passes or hand offs. I am really glad that we are such a good team. I miss having time alone together, but Danny reminds me that some day in our future, we're going to have lots of time to just be together. I am not sure I see that future so clearly, but for now I'll take his word for it.

3rd down and long in the first half, brought us our Esaias. He definitely tops the charts for this years events. Already 7 months old he's working on crawling, and cutting his first tooth. He is loud, and a little rowdy like his siblings. He is a pretty happy child, except for the fact that he is very opinionated and knows what he wants. If he's not getting what he wants, he lets you know it. Mostly he wants to move! He becomes happier everyday now that he can do more. He sure doesn't want to stay a baby for long. No matter what his mama and dad say.Left Tackle Danny has been protecting the blindside of everyone at work the last several months. The grant he is working on expires in September of next year and with the state budget shortfalls he is hesitant in putting full hope that his program will receive the funding it needs to sustain itself. Though he is blocking out as much skepticism as he can he has also faced the reality that he better have a plan for himself in case budget hearings don't go well in the spring. He is embracing his free agent status and applying for other opportunities that are more permanent in nature. Danny has also submitted three pieces of writing for possible publication. We will keep you posted if anything pans out for him. He enjoys serving in the Bishopric even though it takes a lot of his time and energy (even in this first month). Most importantly he cherishes the time he has with family and takes advantage of his time on the light rail. He has read who knows how many books, but his most treasured book he read this year was "Jesus the Christ" by James E. Talmage. His testimony of the restored gospel grows continually and is especially grateful for this wonderful time of year when we have so much to be grateful for.

First string quarterback Isaac says, "This last year has been great. I have been interested in soccer and love it. I play it everyday at recess. I have been getting better and better at reading because I have read all the books of Harry Potter twice in less than 5 months. Now I am reading The Hobbit and Inkspell the sequel to Inkheart. I hope to become better at history. I also hope to become better at typing, real better! I have gotten a pet of my own, a hermit crab. This is really exciting because I have never had a pet of my own. His name is Quidditch, after the game in Harry Potter. Our new baby brother is growing as fast as lightning. I feel this guy is going to cheer me up a lot. I also feel he is a tiger, because he can scratch you. Thank you for everything you've done for me and love you show for me. Plus have a merry Christmas and a happy New Year." Love, IsaacFrom the sidelines cheerleader, Marina comments, "This year I tried out for team gymnastics and made it! I will be competing in gymnastics meets this next year. I am in 2nd grade. I only like school because I can see my friends. On Saturday I put up the Christmas decorations. Thank you for everything you've done for me. Thank you for supporting me. I love looking at picture books. I love watching Disney channel. I love watching Christmas movies. I write little notes to my mom and dad. At church my dad got a new calling. This year I had a new baby brother. Have a great Christmas." Love, MarinaJust before half, life gave us an unexpected onside kick with Grandpa Martin's passing. I am so blessed to have known him, and what a blessing it is for my kids to have known him so well. Marina frequently expresses her desire to see him again. And we are so blessed to know that we can see him again someday. I love to remember his good sense of humor, and I love to think about him watching over my family from heaven. Merry Christmas Grandpa!

It's always a mad dash from now until Christmas. And there is never time to catch your breath between Christmas and New Years. So we'll embrace the forth quarter with gratitude in our hearts, to have played another game. We are so blessed to have a sideline full of cheerleaders, coaches, trainers, and other team players who love us and support us. Thank you and Happy Holidays!

1 comment:

Melissa said...

Oh my gosh, that was purely delightful and entertaining to read! I totally loved it, especially the parts from Isaac and Marina in their own voices - GREAT idea! Might have to copy sometime. What a year you've had. Love your family. Just hired my sitter, can't wait to see you on Saturday!