Thursday, May 6, 2010

Bye Bye Umbilical Cord


This morning I was able to get Esaias dressed before he went to his Doctor's appointment with Vycci. To my surprise I found that his umbilical cord had fallen off. To me this is representative of a baby truly becoming an individual. While the cord is still attached to the baby there is still a reminder that the birth of the baby was not long ago and that there is still a part of the pregnancy attached to him. So today we say goodbye to the last part of pregnancy for the baby and continue to move forward with life. Here are a couple pictures of Esaias with his recently shed umbilical cord.




3 comments:

Unknown said...

Daniel and sweet family,

Thank you for sending me your family through song and pictures-I'm excited as can be about your new baby!Here's to post-umbilical life together. . .

My best,

Ruth

Danny,Vycci and Kids said...

Okay, so I hope you all know this is my husband that posted this today. Think he's a little sentimental? I sure hope this little boy grows up normal-- as his parents are definitely falling into the "older" parent category, and between Danny's sentiment and my over protectiveness, I hope he survives!

Tee said...

So sweet :)