June 5, 2009 marked a special day in our lives. Marina officially graduated from kindergarten.


As many of you know she had a particularly difficult time with starting school this last fall. She cried for several days(weeks) every morning leaving mom. She cried a few times during school when asked to do work. Her teacher even expressed her fears and concerns in regards to Marina's readiness for kindergarten. However, I knew that she was supposed to be there. I had prayed about it for several months last summer, and knew without a doubt she was supposed to start. I figured that even if that meant repeating kindergarten, that she was going to start fall 2008. Well, I began to question my own sanity after several nights of 1-2 hours of homework (that should've taken 15 min.) sitting side by side coaching her on while she cried. Well, with lots of prayer, perseverance, extra support at school, and a fantastic kindergarten teacher...we made it! She had reached proficiency by the 2nd trimester, and started wanting to buy lunch at school everyday (because she memorized her lunch number). Wow! What amazing changes in a short period of time. So needless to say Marina's kindergarten graduation had special significance for us. We are so proud of her and her growth this year. (I'm proud of Mom (me) too for not giving up.)
4 comments:
What a journey, huh? Congrats on a successful finish after a challenging start. She's a great girl, on to bigger and better things! Loved seeing you twice in 2 weeks.
Way to go Marina!! I'm so glad she was able to 'graduate', so that she and Alex can share 1st grade stories with each other this fall... thanks again you guys for coming on Saturday..we consider you some of our very best friends, and we were so glad to share it with you. Thanks for all of your support and insight into our new journey with Porter...can't wait to meet Ben someday--I'll stock my frige! :)
Yeah Marina! Congrats to both of you I know what a job it was. Your hair looks great! See you in a week or so! YEAH!!!!
How great! Good job Marina, and good job Vycci for sticking with it! That sounds very challenging, but rewarding, and now she can move on to bigger and better things!
Post a Comment