Saturday, December 13, 2008

Whew! Have we made it yet?

I have to apologize to all my fellow blogging friends and family. We have been in that time of year, where we are so consumed with what's going on in our day to day lives, we almost disappear completely. Up until last Thursday, what little of my free time I have, was spent working on my Endorsement CAP for Regis. For those who don't know what that means. Basically, it was a grueling two hour process to prove my knowledge and learning; of which I had to present for 1 hour, answer questions for another 20 min., then wait for my professors, mentor, and Regis admin. to decide whether or not they would grant me my ELA (English Language Aquisition) Endorsement. I am still about 5 classes shy of my Master's, but this was a milestone in that process. I also am taking a break from school, so as to let Danny finish his Internship this Spring and Summer.
Many of you know he has been working on his Practicum this semester. He just wrapped up his last part of that on Wed. night. He was actually home a couple of evenings this week. Which was fabulous, but I kept feeling like it was the weekend since he was home, and it made for a very long week at school. We have a nice break for about a month before we resume the crazy schedule for him to complete his Master's. The reminder that it is temporary is what keeps me going. Actually, I think he needs the break more than me. I don't blame him!
Last weekend we promised the kids we would put up the Christmas tree and decorations. We usually knock it all out in one day. I think it drug on until Wed. and technically their are still a few finishing touches we have to put together, before our Black Tie Party next week. I think we are still trying to rebel and let go of all the responsibilites and deadlines we have been facing for the last several weeks. That's why I ask, "Have we made it yet?" Well, the answer is yes and no. But at least that's "normal" for us! So, since we can answer yes we have made it to some things, we might be able to become visible again to our friends and family. We are very much looking forward to our party and sometime off to spend with family!!! Love you all. And as always thanks for all your love, prayers, and support on our behalf. Take time to enjoy the holidays.

And we can't forget our Isaac. He has begun his first phase of orthodontics. Since the middle of November he has had an appt. every week. He has had 5 baby teeth pulled, of which he has gleaned $10.50 from the Tooth Fairy. He has had spacers, an expander, and a bite plate put in his mouth. The expander will be permanent for about a year, to fix his cross bite. We have to turn the expander with a key every five days at home. Isaac, to be expected, has done amazingly well. He doesn't cry and hardly complains. He was really excited about starting all of it, but I think that wore off quickly. He really is a super positive kid. I can't complain. He's already done more than I would want to handle. Gotta love those kids that make you look like a wimp! Marina has the same cross bite, but after her watching Isaac go through this, I don't know if we will ever convince her to do the same later. As you can see he has an holey, cavernous smile. And that's still without the braces yet! We sure hopes this is worth it in the end. Talk about faith! :)

4 comments:

Brooke said...

It is so good to get an update! I have been thinking of you often, knowing how crazy your lives have been. I am happy that you all have a bit of a breather. Enjoy the holidays, hope to see you soon! (I wish it could be sooner that it probably will be...)

BTW- Isaac is such a trooper!

Liesl Law said...

Vycci, thanks for the heads up of some of what we need to go through. We just went to the dentist over Thanksgiving and were told (not that we didn't already realize) that Josslin has a horrible under bite (looking like a bulldog) and Amri has a wicked cross bite! So we too have to see an orthodontist and pay loads of money for the kids teeth! Good luck and keep (at least me, please) posted so I know what to expect!

Oh by the way, Jeremy took me to Wicked in LA and it was AMAZING!!!!!!!! Marisa said you were a big fan too!

Melissa said...

So nice to see a post! Glad you have some downtime for a bit before you resume your crazy schedule.

Poor Isaac, that looks like no fun at all. What a trooper he is!

Can't wait for your party! You always do such a great job. See you Friday!

Tee said...

Wow, Isaac is so brave! I would be a wimp! I'm so glad that you guys get to have a break, you deserve it :) We are so excited for your party! I'm glad we can make it this year :)