
Last year I applied for a grant at the end of the year with a group of teachers in my building. This was in conjunction with a movement in my building to improve our level of technology use. This grant was to get a SMARTBoard for our own individual classroom. Well needless to say, after a long process and waiting....we were awarded the grant! Out of several districts in the state and several schools within my own district we were awarded 8 of the 56 SMARTBoards. This was a pretty amazing feat. In this process we have agreed to get further training and do assignments, as they want us to become experts on using this tool for instruction. This week, my board was installed. It is an absolutely amazing tool. For those of you who don't know what a SMARTBoard is I will try to sum it up, but it won't do it justice. It is an interactive white board. Anything you can do on a computer you can do on the board. As well as write on it, highlight, create, draw, magnify, isolate.....WOW!! Once you have seen one, let alone see it used for instruction and learning, it is difficult to not believe that every classroom should have one. I am and continue to be on the team to push my school forward as we teach the new 21st century learners. Believe me when I tell you how the world has changed since we were in school. This has been an exciting time for me, my colleagues, and my students as we implement this new "TOY." If I can find some great way to share it with you...I will!!! Maybe you can come see it for yourselves sometime. I was showing Danny on Friday afternoon the highlights. YEAH!!!:)
6 comments:
Wow! It sounds amazing. Nice work getting 8 of the 56!
Where were these when I was teaching school? What a fantastic classroom resource!
I remember you talking about that! How exciting that it has finally arrived! Good job on winning it, I know you will put it to some great use!
That does look like a fun toy! I hope it helps!
Marisa passed off that blanket we left. Thanks for finding it. She was beyond excited when I showed it to her.
Also Jeremy was wondering if Danny has his study materials for the GRE still? If so could we maybe barrow them? I was going to look at the library today also.
Jeremy is more than welcome to my GRE study material if I can find it. I will have to look for it at home and am not certain if I still have it or not. I'll let you know if I find it. I bought a practice test that was on CD-rom and it really helped since the test is computer based. The books I studied from didn't help me all that much.
I am so happy that you got one!! Since I moved to my new position I have so much new technology at my hands. I am amazed at how much better technology makes teaching and learning. Technology makes the curriculum accessable for all learners!!! Very exciting, your school is fortunate to have you.
Post a Comment