
This weekend Isaac ran his final mile for Kids Running. He has been working for the last 3-4 weeks to complete 25 miles of running before the final race. Our PE teacher at school recruited kids to participate in this state marathon. Isaac's asthma has given him some challenges, but he never let it get him down, or keep him from running. We almost blew it, when we forgot his inhaler on the morning of the race and had to turn around and go back home and get it. We were running very late by then, and I was almost in tears. He had worked so hard. We couldn't let this stop him now!!! Thank goodness, all my desperate prayers to get us there in time, were answered. I not only had Isaac running in the race, but five of my students were running as well. And don't forget that most of all the kids racing for Arrowhead (my school) are kids I know. As I watched all the kids round the corner to the finish line, with their sweaty, red faces filled with determination and pride...I couldn't help but be touched with the thought that "This is why I love kids! This is why I teach! This is why I am a Mom!"
They are simply amazing sometimes. What pure joy!
They are simply amazing sometimes. What pure joy!


5 comments:
That is so cool! Way to go, Isaac!!
What a great accomplishment Isaac! Keep up the running!
That is really fantastic! Good for Isaac and the other runners; kids really are amazing!
Good job Isaac! Your auntie Stacie and uncle Chad are very proud of you!
wow! what an inspiration that was. way to go Isaac.
Post a Comment