It's been almost a month since this fun, loveable, little guy celebrated his 1st year birthday! I'd better get caught up before he's 2 years old. We celebrated his birthday in Denver with family on November 9, 2013. Yep, Grandma Layne was kind enough to share her special day. I forgot my camera in Grand Junction, so the only pictures I have to blog with are the ones we took eating ice cream cones on his actual birthday weekend a week after Denver. In Denver, we had cupcakes and presents at Grandpa Joe's and Grandma Chris'. Uncle Gabe & Family, Uncle Luke & kids, Auntie Marisa, G&G Mortensen, & G'ma Layne all came to celebrate with us. Even Jen & Heidi were there. We had to have plain cupcakes because Oslin had an allergic reaction to Kraft Macaroni and Cheese a week previously. We are not sure what caused the reaction, but we are speculating at the food dyes. Grandma Mortensen has an allergy to yellow 5 & 6. Oh boy, what fun...not!
Oslin was beginning to walk before he turned 1 years old, and I was sure he'd take off before his birthday, but he actually decided to start talking, and slowed down on the walking. He is really mobile, and so I don't think there is a strong enough necessity yet. And Dad and I haven't actually encouraged it too much. Child #4, we're no dummies, there is no going back after they start walking.
Oslin is still tons of fun. He has only his 2 bottom teeth, and his 2 fang teeth up top. It makes it pretty challenging to eat, so he's on baby food longer than my other kidos. He has easily given up the pacifier, and is moving off a bottle pretty easily.
He likes to move around like this, one leg up and bent, the other kneeling. He will actually move around just like this. He's one funny boy!
Oslin loves cars and trucks and balls! A true boy. He does have a major crush on Josephina American Girl Doll. It's quite funny to watch him get excited to see her, and can't help but hold her and kiss her. We are in trouble.
Esaias is still driving him nuts, but Oslin is starting to figure out how to get back at his older brother. It's only a matter of time!
He is still a Daddy's boy. He loves to have Danny carry him around all over...probably another reason why he hasn't walked yet. But he has taken to cuddling with me in bed. He will sleep laying right on top of me. Although it's not the best sleep for me, I can't help but indulging a little now and then. He is my baby! Id' like to enjoy him that way for as long as I can!
No comments:
Post a Comment