Monday, May 9, 2011
Last Year of Childhood!
Oh too be young! Isaac just turned 11 years old yesterday! Yes, on Mother's Day. Isaac my first born made me a mother 11 years ago the Monday before Mother's Day. I felt so inadequate that day, to be called a mother. I remember Danny wanting to buy me something for Mother's Day and I about had a full meltdown in the store. I know much of it had to do with the changing hormones. Nonetheless, I struggled with being included in what felt like an awesome honor! Well, I guess I grew into it. Esaias was born exactly 2 weeks before Isaac's birthday. Both of my boys are spring babies. The celebration of there births will always be in connection with Mother's Day.
I have to take time to share what an amazing 11 year old boy I have. He can't wait to grow up, and being 11 for him means no more kids menu when we go out to eat! Since next year will bring 12 years old and the priesthood, this kind of is the last year of childhood. He is going into middle school and just on the brink of many changes to come. I know that he will do well in this new phase of life. He is an intelligent, kind, and charismatic boy! I'm going to use the term boy as often as I can, since it seems as though we might be unable to use this term next year. He is an incredible reader and writer. He loves to learn. And is great academically. He has a terrific imagination! He can play by himself for long periods of time (I owe him part of the credit for my achieving my undergraduate degree). He is always positive and optimistic. He loves life. His hope for the future is unbelievable! He has a testimony of his Savior Jesus Christ, and looks forward to serving a mission. His confidence and unwavering belief that he can change and become anything, is either insane or inspiring! People love Isaac. He was born oldest in our family, because he can be a leader and an example. He loves babies and can't wait to start babysitting. There are many other things he can't wait to..."have a cell phone and drive." I can wait for both of those, and many more. But I have to admit the future is exciting when I look at it through his eyes. I love you, Isaac! Happy 11th birthday!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Happy Birthday to wonderful Isaac! So many amazing things on the horizon, no doubt he has huge and great things of him. Go Isaac!
We were so happy to have shared your birthday dinner with you Isaac... we truly felt like family.
Post a Comment