Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Snow Delicacy!

I can't help myself, but I'm still laughing and I thought maybe I'd be able to communicate how funny this was to me if I wrote it now. So what do you do on a snow day?....Go play in the snow. About 10 am this morning Danny was ready to venture out to begin removing the very wet and heavy snow from the driveway, and solicited the kids help to shake the snow off of the trees. Equipped with all the snow gear and a broom the kids were excited to conquer the task. I was eager to see them stand under the trees and start causing the snow to fall on themselves. There is a little vindication in watching your children get mildly abused by snow. (I know... I'm probably an awful mother, but it was entertaining.)
Anyways, while that was funny that's not the best part. Marina by beautiful daughter who thought lipstick was a necessary part of the snow gear. Was spending much more time falling in the snow then removing it from the trees or car or sidewalk. I was watching trying to catch them on candid camera, when the camera battery died. When Marina started crawling around on her hands and knees eating the snow with her tongue (yes, like the dog) I thought I must get this on camera. So I went and got the video camera...needless to say I couldn't even get it to turn on. Therefore I can't share with you first hand what I actually witnessed.
At some point in Marina's snow eating excursion...Isaac fell into the snow face first in front of Marina. He rolled over onto his back and begin begging for help. She used her snow covered mittens to spread the icy cold around. I chuckled to myself, as Isaac cried out for help from Dad. Just then Marina decided how she could help, she started licking the snow right off his face. I know disgusting, but it was so funny I couldn't stop it. Isaac made a big enough fuss that she quit, but was barely phased as she still sat there eating more snow off her mitten.
Now on a side note it might be my fault as since I've been pregnant I eat crushed ice on a regular basis. When I was pregnant with her all I did was want slushies from Sonic. What's snow, but a little slushy without flavor. Right?
Okay so she's a little disgusting...she burps, farts, laughs about it, eats snow, licks it off her brother's face, but at least she's cute. Some guy is going to think she's the coolest some day. I did win burping contest with my brothers, and knew how to spit a loogie pretty far, back in the day. And I still managed a good catch.

3 comments:

Brooke said...

That cracks me up! I am still amazed that you got a snow day IN MARCH and at the end of it no less!!! At least ours was in December when it is supposed to happen.

Tee said...

That's hilarious! You know, a very popular dessert in Canada and NE America is to pour pure maple syrup on snow so that it freezes, and then eating it :) I bet Marina would have fun with that!

Melissa said...

Marina is a well-rounded girl, no doubt about it. She'll certainly keep the guys on their toes!

I SERIOUSLY craved ice when I was pregnant with Lucas - I ate it every waking minute. It was about the most satisfying craving I have ever experienced. So much so, that I hoped I would crave it again this time around. But no such luck.