Monday, August 24, 2009

The 3 B's

1) BRONCO training camp was a highlight for Danny and the kids. Danny played hooky from work to take the kids to see the Broncos practice. He wouldn't tell them where they were going, but when he picked out the Bronco attire the evening before...they made some pretty good guesses. Isaac was in heaven and Marina thought they were somewhere in the opposite to heaven based upon the heat! She was begging to go home. While Isaac was begging to go back again! Next time Danny will probably make it a "guys" thing. But it did free me up to get some work done without kids.
2) BIRTHDAY 36: Officially had another year pass me by. Not so crazy about it, but I am crazy about my new gray hat. That I sported on Friday for the school's meet and greet. I should've taken a picture. It's super cute. Thanks to Danny and my kids they made sure that my day didn't go by without a cake...chocolate. Yum!

3) BACK TO SCHOOL: Here are my beautiful kids... Growing up way too fast!!! Marina did her first day in first grade without any tears. That's quite an improvement from last year. And lots of smiles. Isaac is as usual very excited even though he's a little apprehensive about having a "tough" teacher "like his mom." But he was so excited that he was up and dressed by about 6:02 am this morning... before Danny and I managed to pull ourselves out of bed. So, I think he will be just fine!

2 comments:

Tee said...

Happy birthday, and I can't wait to see your new hat!

How wonderful that Marina made it through with no tears :) I remember how hard it was last year.

And you are so sweet...I appreciate your comments on our blog :)

Melissa said...

Happy (belated) Birthday Vycci! Hope it was a great one. Love the school picture, am so glad to hear things have started off on a great note for both kids. Can't wait to get a get-together on the calendar and then to actually have time to visit with you. Good luck with the school year!