HAPPY EASTER!!!
I'd like to share a little experience that my family had this weekend. On the way home from dropping Marina off at gymnastics Friday afternoon, Isaac asked me, "Which is more important Jesus' birth or Jesus' death?" It is always interesting when your children ask you questions like this. You often have to ask yourself, "Am I prepared to answer this?"
Our conversation spanned from discussing the events that came before Jesus' birth through the resurrection. Anyway, when I recounted the story to Danny later that evening, I made the comment, that maybe Isaac was sorry he asked his question as it led to a 20 min. conversation. But, I was grateful for the opportunity to share my testimony with my son.
It's funny how these conversations can sometimes carry over for a little while. So, it stuck with me, and at church listening and pondering on our Savior this Easter day, I realized even more that maybe the question had really been for me. Testing my faith and knowledge. And I became even more appreciative that this moment had occurred.
I then went on to share this experience with my 16 and 17 year old girls in Young Womens during our lesson. We had quite a good little discussion about it, and again I felt grateful for the inspired conversation the Friday before Easter.
Then as if that's not good enough, we were on our way home from church today, when Danny said he presented the question to his class of 14 & 15 year old boys. And Isaac from the backseat, blurted out, "Hey, I shared that story in my class too!" So, I asked Isaac, "What did you tell them the answer was?"
He replied, "Neither is more important. Without His birth He wouldn't have lived and died. And without His death, He couldn't have been resurrected." I was moved to tears, then when Danny said that one of the boys in his class first answered by saying, "Your son is smart! Maybe smarter than you, Bro. Sandoval."
Wow, how profound are the youth! I would have to agree, that somewhere Isaac's question (spanned from the innocent pondering on the differences between Christmas and Easter. That felt brave enough to ask his mom) blossomed into a great testimony building opportunity for many of us. And I would have to agree with the young man in Danny's class, "Isaac sure is smart!" Thanks Isaac for teaching us all about the true meaning of Easter this weekend.
4 comments:
You guys are all awesome! Thanks for sharing such a great lesson!
Very inspiring!
Moved me to tears too! Isaac is so smart! Love it!
It's amazing the thoughts that children have. I never would have thought about that question...Isaac is so smart!
It's really cool that his one question has half the ward pondering over it :)
Post a Comment