Sunday, September 21, 2008

ME Project

We still seem to be having our bumps in the road as the kids and I try to get everything done each day, and each week that we're supposed to be accomplishing. Marina had two non-crying days last week. Let's hope for the same or better this next week. She likes school, but she doesn't like to leave Mom. Anyway, I'd be blogging several pages if I went on about all the bumps. Let's just say that it's all a work in progress.


So, that's why I am choosing to pick something a little lighter to take note of tonight. Last week, Marina had a "ME project" for homework. The assignment is to decorate the person to represent ME (Marina). You can use buttons, ribbons, markers, paint..... I remembered doing this project with Isaac. Which by the way seems like yesterday, not three years ago. Anyway, it happens to be one of the items I kept of Isaac's from kindergarten for his scrapbook. So, when we completed Marina's we had to compare. It was very fun for me to look at both kids' projects. It's always so interesting how different Marina and Isaac are, and yet I was pleasantly surprised by some of their commonalities.
They both have loved "Twinkle, Twinkle Little Star." Pets and extended family are an important part of both of their lives. And they are both very creative, each in their own rights. I had to get a picture of them side by side. Just to capture the moment. It may be these moments that help me shock absorb all those bumps in the road.

In regards to fifth grade, you can figure that no news, is good news. I don't know if it is because I have already taught these kids/that they already know me, but whatever the case, behaviorally things are going very well. There is the normal...and oh yeah, the student that tried to forge a email to me from his parent this last week. But, actually it gave me a good laugh. All in all a good start to the year. Thinking of you all!!!

5 comments:

Melissa said...

Thinking of you too! Nice to see a new post. I've missed you, but realize life is moving in lots of directions right now.

The artwork side-by-side is so fun. You have great kids!

Yes, we went to the rockies game without children - a nice break! And Primary is, well, Primary. There was a huge drama I'll have to tell you about sometime, otherwise it's moving right along!

Liesl Law said...

Maybe I shouldn't look forward to school so much cause then I'll have them all out of the house bam bam bam, but when I see fun posts like this I can't help but get a bit excited!

Anonymous said...

I love your blog and keeping up on your kids! They grow too fast. It was so fun to see you - we are missing your family more now. Thanks for sharing your ups and downs. Have a great week!

Tee said...

That's fun to be able to see the similarities and differences between the kids. They are such fun kids!

I'm glad that schhol seems to be going well for you, as well. :)

Anonymous said...

Life is sort of a ME Project. This looks like a neat project to do for any age group or even adults. I'm glad things are settling into a groove and routine. You will all be a well-oiled machine in no time!