Thursday, July 3, 2008

Wet KIDS!

Isaac, Leilani, Lafai's bum, Marina, Tristan

Tristan, Marina, Leilani, Lafai, Lilli, Isaac

My sister actually beat me to posting these pictures from yesterdays afternoon of trampoline excitement. Marisa and I got to have our nephew Tristan this week. We love any time we can get him. Before the backyard fun, we all went to the free movie in Arvada and watched Alvin and the Chipmunks. The kids of course had seen it at least 20 times, but loved seeing it again. It was my first time watching it, and I have to admit it was very cute. There is something about sitting in a movie "vader" (as Marina would call it) with more children than adults. They quote the movie and sing the songs throughout the entire show. And while on other occassions it would normally make you want to run out screaming. It is actually kind of endearing, hearing and watching the kids have such a good time. One of my favorite's was from a previous summer and the free movie was Madagascar. The entire movie theater of kids all stood up at the end, danced, and sang "We like to move it, move it. We like to...." and they all in unison shouted, "MOVE IT!" I have to admit that my summer's off are really about spending time with my kids, and my nieces and nephews. Sometimes I get worn out and tired of what seems like constant sibling fighting and arguing, cleaning up messes, and feeding children. But when all is said and done,I take a moment to reflect; I wouldn't want to loose one minute of my time with the kids. Someday they won't be kids, and I know how precious each moment will be when it's gone.

1 comment:

marisa purcell said...

Nice picture of Lafai's Butt. I didn't realize he was doing that. He probably learns that from his father. It sure isn't me.