Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Summer Fun



We have been so bad at not blogging since summer began for us. We have mostly been hanging around getting used to the freedom. It's amazing how busy you can get, when your not busy. Marina is doing gymnastics each week and LOVES it!! Isaac just completed a week of golf. He had a blast! I will try to get some pictures of them posted soon. Today we went to see the play "The Lion, The Witch, and The Wardrobe" at the Aurora Fox Theater. I would have to say that my kids are officially Narnia obsessed. Isaac just last week was verbally expressing his wish that Narnia would be a real place. While he is very aware of the difference between fiction and non-fiction, I guess a place like Narnia is just too good to not be true. Isaac secretly desires to be Peter the
Magnificant. And Marina wants to be the evil White Witch. She truly is my daughter. You know my favorite Halloween costumes are famous female nemisis. She hugged the actress that played the White Witch today and was in HEAVEN!! At length we discussed the differences and similarities between the movie, the play, and the book. Maybe I am raising future literary critics. Well none the less, it's a been fabulous. We are reading Prince Caspian, which we have already seen the movie. And Dad has us beat as he has already ready the next book The Voyage of the Dawn Treader.
We will try to get some pictures up and keep you posted on our fun summer. Gotta love it!!

3 comments:

Melissa said...

I am so glad you guys are relaxing and enjoying your summer! Your kids crack me up - they are such fantastic kids. We would love to have you over soon, it'll have to be mid-July since I'm gone for 2 weeks here soon... I miss you!

Tee said...

Your kids are so great! It's awesome that they enjoy reading and plays, etc. They have fun personalities :)

Mindi said...

Hi Vycci! I was happy to see your comment on my blog. I can't wait to start taking my kids to plays and turning them into literary critics also :)